Surrounded by the lush beauty of a seven-acre park, Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center is a world-class arts facility. Since 2006, it has offered charter school students the chance to learn their arts discipline of choice in the professional environment of a working performing arts center. With more than 122,000 square feet of state-of-the-art performance and classroom space, Lincoln Park is a tremendous asset for Western Pennsylvania.
The center houses two professional theaters, professional audio and video studios – named after Oscar winning special effects artist and Aliquippa native Joe Letteri -- and six dance studios. There are band and choral rooms, as well as music practice rooms, all equipped with Steinway pianos (LPPACS is one of a handful of schools in the country to be designated an All-Steinway school). There are also design and media labs for print and web production, and the facility also boasts BatCat Press, perhaps the only high school-run student press in the country.
In addition, there is flexible, modern classroom space adaptable for a variety of uses. And there are plans to add a dining hall, which will also feature classroom and rehearsal space, as well as an amphitheatre that can accommodate outdoor performances in the park.
The facility includes:
- A 750-seat proscenium theater, featuring state-of-the-art sound, video, lighting, and rigging capabilities; star and ensemble dressing rooms; a fully-equipped 40' x 55' rehearsal hall with sprung floor, mirrors, and barres; three Steinway grand pianos; professional box office; and complete production office and storage space.
- A 180-seat studio theater, offering adaptable performance space with state-of-the-art sound, video, and lighting capabilities; dressing rooms; and a Steinway grand piano.
- A professional video production suite, featuring multi-camera studio with chromakey wall and full lighting grid; AVID Media Composer Adrenaline non-linear editing system; AVID Newscutter media lab with LANshare; and student camera/audio field packages.
- A professional recording studio, powered by DigiDesign Pro Tools HD recording system; a full complement of microphones; and a selection of musical instruments, including a Steinway 'A' 6-foot grand piano.
- Band and choral rooms, fully-equipped with Steinway pianos, an array of percussion instruments, risers, chairs, and stands.
- Music practice rooms, each equipped with Steinway pianos.
- Six dance studios, with sprung floors, mirrors, barres, state-of-the-art sound systems, and Steinway pianos.
- BatCat Press, a professional publishing entity where students can learn to design and create hard- and softcover books.
- Modern classroom space.
- Lincoln Park – seven acres of prime green space offering outdoor performance and recreational amenities.
For more information about the Lincoln Park theaters and scheduling an event in the Center, please contact Managing Director Sal Aloe at email@example.com. To learn more about the television and audio production studios, contact Director of Media Arts Cassandra Patten at firstname.lastname@example.org